Tech & Branchen Talk

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Sony zeigt Head-Mounted Display

wofür ist denn jetzt davorne eine kamera? kann einer den text übersetzen?

"Die erste Generation verdient das Geld, die zweite verwaltet das Vermögen, die dritte studiert Kunstgeschichte und die vierte verkommt vollends."
      (Otto von Bismarck)

xbox live: SYMER 0083
    • Muss fürs head tracking o.Ä. gedacht sein, ka. - es sieht jedenfalls nach einer spez. Kamera aus - imho viel zu groß für eine stinknormale Cam.

MS scheint es mit nem Rundum-Projektor zu versuchen:

An immersive display environment is provided to a human user by projecting a peripheral image onto environmental surfaces around the user. The peripheral images serve as an extension to a primary image displayed on a primary display.

patentlyapple.com/patently-app…s-going-and-its-wild.html

mhhh, i weiß ja net :|
    • Hatte heute erst das Gespräch, mit Leuten die der Meinung waren dieses oben genannte Patent wäre die Zukunft.
      Also in naher Zukunft sehe ich die altbekannten Eingabegeräte nicht abgelöst (Controller, Joystick, Maus+Tastatur, Lenkrad).
      Hab eher das Gefühl das die neuen Alternativen immer eine Spielerei bleiben werden, zocken hat ja im Regalfall auch was mit chillen zu tun. =)
      Ihr könnt ungenutzte Rechenkapazität für die Wissenschaft zur Verfügung stellen.
      wcg und folding

Ace Ventura: "If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer. "
    • Oculus Rift: Palmer Luckey on throwing out the virtual reality rulebook

edge-online.com/features/oculu…-throws-out-the-rulebook/

(...) One of the reasons is field-of-view – the size of the image. If you compare the size of our virtual image to Sony’s, ours is six times larger.
      (...) with the Rift you can’t actually see the edges of the screen, so you actually feel like you’re inside of the game.

"Die erste Generation verdient das Geld, die zweite verwaltet das Vermögen, die dritte studiert Kunstgeschichte und die vierte verkommt vollends."
      (Otto von Bismarck)

• Smartphones funken bald in Full-HD

Mit dem Ultragig 6400 hat Silicon Image ein WirelessHD-Funkmodul angekündigt, das mit 60 GHz arbeitet und in Smartphones und Tablets eingebaut werden kann. Es benötigt eine Fläche von 10 x 7 mm und soll damit nur noch ein Fünftel so groß sein wie vorhergehende Module. Damit können die mobilen Endgeräte Videos mit 1080p und 60 Bildern pro Sekunde übertragen.

Das 60-GHz-Funkmodul soll rund 500 Milliwatt Strom benötigen und dennoch eine Distanz von 10 Metern im Freien überwinden können. In Innenräumen sind die erzielbaren Signalstrecken kürzer. Die Latenzzeit wird mit ungefähr 5 Millisekunden angegeben. Dabei werden die Daten verschlüsselt übertragen, um zu verhindern, dass diese kopiert werden können.

Der WirelessHD-Baustein Ultragig 6400 von Silicon Image wird nach Herstellerangaben gerade bemustert. Größere Stückzahlen sollen erst im kommenden Jahr verfügbar sein. Er soll mit allen Empfängern kompatibel sein, die den Standard WirelessHD 1.1 unterstützen. Neben dem Funkmodus wird über den Baustein auch noch ein HDMI-Ausgang über MHL 2.0 bereitgestellt, damit eine Kabelanbindung an den Fernseher oder Projektor gelingt.

WirelessHD soll kurze Distanzen mit sehr hohen Datentransferraten überbrücken. Die Technik ist dafür gedacht, HD-Fernseher, Blu-ray-Player und Spielekonsolen kabellos miteinander zu verbinden und auch große Dateien mit mehreren GByte zwischen den Geräten auszutauschen, wie sie für HD-Inhalte anfallen. Der 1.1-Standard sieht Übertragungsgeschwindigkeiten von 10 bis 28 GBit/s und das Senden stereoskopischer 3D-Inhalte vor.

golem.de/news/silicon-image-ul…n-full-hd-1212-96266.html

- Für Sony und MS wird es ein Leichtes sein, ein App für alle möglichen OS zu veröffentlichen, um sich damit die Funktionalität der WiiU einzuverleiben ohne dabei wirklich neue Hardware veröffentlichen zu müssen bzw. sich auf die Verkäufe neuer Hardware verlassen zu müssen (wenn die o.g. Technik zum allgemein akzeptieren Standard wird).

- Mobilen Spielen wird immer leichterer Zugang auf die TVs gewährt, was die klassischen Konsolen weiter unter Druck setzten sollte.
    • Vireio Perception

Today I introduce Vireio Perception, a Virtual Reality 3D driver designed specially for the Oculus Rift. Some of you may have been following the work I've been doing in the DIY section, for others this may be the first you hear of this. Anyway, Perception is basically a new stereo 3D driver with 3DOF head-tracking. Although only a handful of titles are supported at the moment, the experience you get with the driver is something that is not possible with current 3rd party options. In particular, it will pre-warp the image to match the Oculus Rift optics, handle custom aspect-ratios (needed for the Rift's strange 8:10 screen), and utilize full 3DOF head-tracking. The plan is to launch in conjunction with the Rift dev-kits, so probably in December 2012.

The website is now live (just a holding page for now, will update soon):
      vireio.com

Games currently with full or partial support:
      - Left 4 Dead
      - Half-Life 2
      - Portal 2
      - Skyrim
      - Mirror's Edge
      - AaaaAAAAA!!!!!!!!
      - Unreal Tournament 3
      - Dear Esther
      - DiRT 2

Stereo modes supported:
      - Oculus Rift
      - Side-by-Side
      - Over Under
      - Horizontal Interleave
      - Vertical Interleave
      - Checkerboard
      - Anaglyph (red/cyan + yellow/blue + green/magenta w/ black & white option for all)

Trackers supported:
      - Hillcrest Labs

Here is an image from the Side-by-Side (cross-eye) mode so you can get an idea of the quality:
      Attachment:
      MirrorsEdge2.jpg

For the initial December release I would like to get all those games listed fully supported (some still have minor issues) and I would also like to get another 5 games on that list. I also plan to support Vuzix Wrap HMDs; they already work with the SBS mode just need to add tracking support. Down the road I'd like to get more stereo modes supported like Nvidia 3D Vision and AMD HD3D, dual projectors, planar mirror, etc. And, of course, I'd like to grow the supported games but that will come with time.

Just to be clear: this is a commercial product. I am still investigating pricing options, but for sure it will be under $50.

Please share your thoughts and requests for the software. Thanks.

mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=15570#p83625

mirrors edge in 3d und head tracking. wie geil ist das den!!!!

(Otto von Bismarck)

• Das Teil muss der absolute Hammer sein auf der CES dreht die Fachpresse total durch!

Habe hier einfach mal einen Post aus dem Maniac geklaut
      [oculusvr.com/wp-content/upload…oculus_bestofces_2013.png]

The Verge – Best in Show, Best in Gaming, Reader’s Choice

“Virtual reality has long been the ultimate promise of technology — the magic mandala, a doorway to the infinite. But the thing is: it never happened…. The Oculus Rift actually delivers on the promise, and then some. It’s really, really amazing. Truly and honestly a revelation, a trip, a rabbit hole. And I’m going in. Forever. Goodbye universe. Hello universe.”

Wired – Best of CES

"If you're of a certain age, you remember the first time you sat down at a computer terminal, opened a browser, and tried the World Wide Web. It was a before and after moment. Although Usenet and other internet communications technologies had been around for years, the web was instantly recognizable as something new and powerful and different that built on all that had come before.

And so is it with the Oculus Rift."

GameFront – Best of CES

"The Rift represents the future of gaming, or better yet: the future of PC interfacing. This isn’t a gimmick like 3D — the Rift is going to fundamentally change the way you think about entertainment. All the VR madness from the 90's was leading to this moment, only now we have the technology to push it from laughable flash in the pan to a concrete, exciting, mainstream reality. The Oculus Rift is our favorite piece of tech from CES 2013, hands down."

Geoffrey Morrison, CNET
      “Not only was this the coolest thing I saw at CES, but it's possibly the coolest thing I've seen ever. As someone who has always been interested in the idea of VR headsets, and always heartbreakingly let down by the reality of VR headsets, I admit I took a rare (for me) CES meeting on a lark. I had heard something about their successful Kickstarter, but honestly, I figured it would just be more of the same.
      I was wrong. Not sure I've ever been more wrong. Even in this hand-built prototype stage, the Rift is amazing.” –

Dan Nosowitz, Popular Science
      “The Rift is certainly one of the most amazing things I've seen at CES this year - hell, in any year. It's not really possible to describe what it's like to use it, but as soon as I put the goggles on and turned my head, I think my mouth dropped. It's flat-out awesome.”

Don Woligroski, Tom’s Hardware
      “I haven’t been this excited about a piece of hardware with the potential to change gaming since 3D hardware acceleration took off. And I believe this could even be bigger.”

Evan Ackerman, DVICE
      “Arguably the most important thing about the Oculus Rift is that the displays take up your entire field of view. All of it. You put the headset on, and the only thing you can see is the world that it's showing you. The effect of this is immediate and dramatic, because it fools your brain into thinking that you're somewhere else. Really. It's amazing” –

Richard George, IGN
      “Even using aging tech like Unreal Engine 3, this castle landscape felt real, to the point I wanted to reach out and grab a falling snowflake, or try to touch the cold, stone pillars holding up a decaying building… In the past, I simply played through worlds. I moved through them. This one made me feel like I was physically in that space. Living in it. Unable to look away, because it was all around me. It’s immersion on an entirely different level.”

Video Interviews

Engadget - Engadget sits down with Palmer and Nate
      [viddler.com/v/3a043f01]

Revision3 – Oculus Rift Eyes-On: The Mind-Blowing Future of VR Gaming
      [youtube.com/watch?v=tsJzQOCyLVk]

Tested - Hands-on with the Oculus Rift
      [youtube.com/watch?v=xpV7qq1vyd4]

The Verge – “Top Shelf Day 2” Demo of the Oculus Rift with Palmer”
      [youtube.com/watch?feature=play…age&v=LCB19lzAXS8#t=1144s]

Außerdem hat Valve zur diesjährigen GCD mehrere Vorträge zum Thema angekündigt:

[schedule.gdconf.com/session/14…here_it_Might_be_Going%29]

[schedule.gdconf.com/session/14…ress_2_to_Virtual_Reality]
      Hank von Helvete: "The ass is the most beautiful part of the human body, but still there is a lot of shit coming out of it"

XBL Gamertag: bbstevieb
    • Ganz so trivial isses ja leider nicht. Erst recht nicht wenn noch die Kopfbewegungssteuerung verwendet werden soll (darauf könnte ich aber eh verzichten). Naja bin trotzdem guter Dinge.
      Hank von Helvete: "The ass is the most beautiful part of the human body, but still there is a lot of shit coming out of it"

XBL Gamertag: bbstevieb
    • bbstevieb schrieb:

Ganz so trivial isses ja leider nicht. Erst recht nicht wenn noch die Kopfbewegungssteuerung verwendet werden soll (darauf könnte ich aber eh verzichten). Naja bin trotzdem guter Dinge.

nein, könntest du nicht, weil dann würde ich dir den hmz t1 vorschlagen. der oculus rift ist das ding! und wie gesagt, KEINER erwähnt übrigens die auflösung. weil die unerheblich ist. echtes VR ist sehr sehr machtvoll. jeder der es mal erlebt hat und leidenschaftlicher zocker ist, will so ein ding. meine erfahrung ist schon fast 20 jahre her, aber ich weiß noch wie sehr es mich umgehauen hat.

(Otto von Bismarck)

• Flat Eric schrieb:

Ach das ist doch albern. :D Mal sehen, ob es ein Hype-Zug ist oder ob mehr dahinter ist. :)

Also die ganzen Reporter, die das auf Messen usw. ausprobieren durften, waren hellauf begeistert. Bei gaf gibt es einen ganzen Thread mit Zitaten.

Meanwhile:

ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/zo…al-engine-4-game-daylight

Zombie Studios Unveils Unreal Engine 4 Game: Daylight
      Randomly-generated horror.
      by Andrew Goldfarb FEBRUARY 7, 2013

Zombie Studios has announced Daylight, a new horror game built on Unreal Engine 4. The announcement came from the DICE summit in Vegas tonight, as Zombie finally provided details on the project it first teased in December.

Daylight is a horror game featuring a procedurally-generated environment. With only the light of a cell phone to guide them, players will navigate the halls of a dark building as a woman who’s just woken up. Every experience will be different as rooms are randomly generated, and players will only learn about the game’s story via clues they discover as they explore.

(...)