Universe Bios 3.2 released.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Universe Bios 3.2 released.

Ich quote einfach mal die Neuigkeiten:

WHATS NEW IN VERSION 3.2
      ---------------------------------

New Controller support
      --------------------------

Added full four player support to the unibios if relevent hardware detected. This allows Kizuna to be played in 4 player mode without requiring cheats. HARDDIP 2 must be 'ON' when using MVS hardware, not required for AES.

The AES controller test (2up ABCD) is no longer accessable from MVS hardware due to lack of exit option, use the hardware test (test mode) instead.

Added a four player controller test which will automatically show in the standard '2up ABCD' controller test if the four player hardware is detected.

Added a Mahjong controller test which will automatically show in the standard controller test if a mahjong controller is detected. Press ABCDE on the mahjong controller to enter test. This code works on either joy1 and joy2.

MVS test mode improovments
      ----------------------------------

HardDIP 3 (use mahjong controller) now shows on HardDIP screen.
      Improoved visibility of active DIPs in the HardDIP screen.
      4UP controller I/O test added if adapter detected and HardDIP 2 on.
      Mahjong controller I/O test added in test mode if HardDIP 3 on.
      Improoved I/O test layout and visibility.

The memory card check in the test mode hardware test does not delete data from cards
      up to 16kb in size. This was also in 3.1 also but forgot to list it in whats new.

Fixed crash during the memory card test if the game in system is either Puzzle
      Bobble or Puzzle Bobble 2.

Fixed rare curruption issue when drawing the red cursor in main menu.

Hiscore saving changes and fixes
      -------------------------------------

High Score loading from memory card now works for all games in a multislot system.

High Score saving now supported in the following games; Pop n Bounce, Spin Master, Quiz King of Fighters, Zupapa, Zintrick, The Irritating Maze, Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz, Soccer Brawl, Legend of Success Joe, Temco World Soccer.

Fixed High Scores (shown during gameplay) in the following games;
      Viewpoint, Fight Fever, Mutation Nation, Ninja Combat. (You must also delete any v3.1 created H.S. saves for the following) Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, Ghost Pilots.

Fixed High Score saving in KOF2001 (delete v3.1 created HS save).
      Fixed High Score saving in Neo Drift Out (delete v3.1 created HS save).

Changes
      ----------

Changed the way DebugDIPs are handled.
      On multislot HW DebugDIPs cleared on gamechange (DEV mode remembered).
      DebugDIPs disabled for games known not to use them (solves hscore curruption).
      Changed the way hardware errors are displayed on screen.
      Added ability to access PC-2-NEO from the ingame menu (move over 'soft reboot system' and move right.
      Changed the AES hardware test button code to B+C+D. Also added a message before the test starts so there is no confusion wether the test is running or not.
      Changed how the overclock patches work on the 'Max 330 Mega' spinning logo.
      Added overclock patches to stop curruption on the 'Giga Power' spinning splash logo. Only exception is RBFF2 which cannot be patched at this time.
      On a multislot system in console mode you will no longer jump to the next game after game over. Some games do not follow the rule, Shock Troopers 2 and Magical Drop 3 will jump to the next game regardless due to the way they work.
      Stopped 'Your card is still inserted' message when in console mode on MVS hardware if using a memory card.
      Stopped 'Your card is still inserted' message when in arcade mode on MVS hardware if using a memory card with High Score saving enabled.
      Stopped splash screen and main menu curruption from potential new NGEV.TEAM games.
      Tweeked Jukebox init, now less chance of an 'Error starting sound' message.
      Compressed the memory footprint in the bios of the cart crc database.
      Added The King of Fighters '97 Oroshi Plus 2003 the the crc database.

Fixes
      ------

Fixed '1UP coin move' which was broke in v3.0 / v3.1. Option allows coin in chute one to credit as coin in shoot two if 2up start held and region is USA.
      Fixed region/mode saving when using a 16bit memorycard on AES hardware.
      Fixed ingame menu color saving when using a 16bit memorycard on AES hw.
      Fixed disable splash screen not working when using 16bit memorycard on AES.
      Fixed lockup on AES SoftDIP page if game is Korean version of AOF3.
      Stopped 'NEXT PAGE' showing in the AES SoftDIP settings page for some games.
      Games with no softDIP handled better on AES SoftDIP page (vliner/jockeygp).
      Fixed crosshatch screen not showing after a hardware error if no cart inserted.
      Fixed 2020 Super Baseball cheats to work in all versions and regions.
      Fixed AOF3 cheats which would sometimes stop working.
      Fixed 'Infinite' spelling in the cheat menu (typo in version 3.1).
      Fixed KOF94 game title not showing in the cheat menu.
    • Ahh da bin ich nicht so gern, aber in der not..... XD
      Weisst du so ausm kopp was sowas kostet?

Das wär schon echt ziemlich geil das zu 4.zu zocken.

Meine Erste Idee wäre gewesen das 2 Über die anschlüsse des Boards gehen und 2 über Jamma z.b.

Aber dann fiel mir ein, ist ja das selbe signal :D
    • Alexis.

You do not have permission to resale the universe bios in any way. You had your chance already and abused it.

Note to members here. His person is selling non original hacked universe bios and not supporting the homebrew scene like other modders. If you need a universe bios I suggest you contact me directly at universebios.com. If you get a universe bios from him you will be getting a non original which will not function correctly due to protections.

The post at the bottom of this ad about being a third party installer is a lie, he is no longer a 3rd party installer and he knows this for some time since last year. I have been blocked from posting on that page.

I ask the modders in this forum... Is this the kind of person you want in your forums? Can someone please put me in contact with a moderator with the power to actually do something about this and remove this persons ad?

Razoola

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Razoola ()

• He no longer has permission because he carried on selling fakes when he was trusted to and had the ability to sell originals. Basically for the entire of last year (2013) only one user who bought a Universe Bios 3.1/ mod from him was provided with an original Universe Bios. Everyone else got a fake. Its a clear slap in the face against the homebrew / Neo Geo scene and should not be happening from someone with his standing in this forum.

Does anyone want to come forward and post to this thread if you got a universe bios mod from him last year?
    • I got from Alexis last year february the unibios chip 3.1.for the AES,because i saw that you have given him official permission to distribute this gem-He even built it in for me. I can not complain,service was very good and everything works flawless.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dinorast ()

• Dinorast schrieb:

I got from Alexis last year february the unibios chip 3.1.for the AES,because i saw that you have given him official permission to distribute this gem-He even built it in for me. I can not complain,service was very good and everything works flawless.

I'm afraid your universe bios is fake if it not the single bios that he registered with me. You can PM me with some information and I can verify for you if your bios is registered and original.

• Raz, you're talking about fake bios and protection and also about not function correct because of ... ?
      You sent me the Bios via Email as an Image. Also everyone with an Eprom Burner can copy and burn those Eproms by himself. It's just not true that there is any protection in it. You're playing with people's fear that they get a non working bios wich is absolutely not the case. They will work like all the other Chips you sell.

You always send the bios file to the official resellers by mail and not a single chip. So they can burn and burn the chip over and over again. Only the S/N will be the same.

Anyways: I will stop selling the Bios here in this forum and I will edit my thread with the info, that I order all the Unibios' over your page in case someone wants a modification from me.
    • Alexis schrieb:

Raz, you're talking about fake bios and protection and also about not function correct because of ... ?
      You sent me the Bios via Email as an Image. Also everyone with an Eprom Burner can copy and burn those Eproms by himself. It's just not true that there is any protection in it. You're playing with people's fear that they get a non working bios wich is absolutely not the case. They will work like all the other Chips you sell.

You always send the bios file to the official resellers by mail and not a single chip. So they can burn and burn the chip over and over again. Only the S/N will be the same.

Anyways: I will stop selling the Bios here in this forum and I will edit my thread with the info, that I order all the Unibios' over your page in case someone wants a modification from me.

The universe bios has protection period. And yes I have modders who pay for each image. They pay multiple times and receive a unique image with unique serial number for each one of their customers. Unlike you they are happy to pay each time to give their customers what they promise You however took a single image and sold it multiple times to multiple people breaking our agreement.

I Want it to be known here and now that I refuse to sell any universe bios images or chips to you so you cannot now offer any kind of mod that includes a Universe Bios. With that in mind you can now remove all reference to the Universe Bios from your ad thanks (3.2 or earlier).

Raz
    • Yes, they pay for each image. But even if they burn them multiple times.. why the hell should this cause errors? This is just not right. You can burn them over and over again and nothing will happen. Period.

Your code is based on the official SNK Bios. You added some own code which is great. But it still is based on SNK's work and I hardly doubt that you have the official right to sell them. If there is any agreement between you and SNK, please show it here.

You are not a company, your terms of use are nothing more than private stuff. You just can't forbid me to use 3.1 or earlier for modifications I do. You just can't. Period.

I will remove all reference to the 3.2 Bios but I won't remove the general reference for doing Neo Geo modifications (which are also including Unibios mods as well).

- Alexis
    • If you want to believe there is no protection that is fine. I will say there is protection in the bios that makes it function in a crippled way without making it clear to the user.... This can included but not being exclusive to.... 1) causing random system resets, 2) causing corruption in areas that store data, 3) making cheats not function correctly. Being an ex games programmer I realise the best protection is one that is not a blatant system stop in the face of the user. At the end of the day and in this case its not the user who is the cause of the protection being triggered but people like you who try and con the user... So does it not make sense that I make a protection that targets you the unjust modder and not the user.

I am also not going to discus any agreements I have with any other entity as it is fully irrelevant. What I will say is that inside the universe bios there is 100% original code created by myself that has nothing to do with SNK or any other company. I hold full copyright over that code and even you yourself agree that I created it. Tied to this code only is a user agreement what you and every other universe bios user agrees to. I also want to point out one does not need to be a company to hold a copyright over a piece of work.

I actually can forbid you from providing a universe bios of any revision to anyone on EPROM. Weather you choose to follow that is down to your own morel character. Please read the agreement again. The fact that you clearly do not understand or respect this agreement just shows to everyone reading this that you do not respect me, your customers or anyone who tries to do anything positive for the NeoGeo scene.

What I cannot stop you from doing is providing or advertising a service fitting a socket into an AES system ready to have an EPROM with a version of the universe bios inserted into it. Then or course advertising it as such making it clear the universe bios chip itself is not included.

To be totally honest with you I feel its a real shame because from looking at the pictures or your mod work I get the impression from the photos at least that it looks very good. You let yourself down in every other aspect though, do you steal all the other parts used in your mods from your local electronics supplier?