Developer Piranha Games is excited to announce that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will feature cross-platform play for the first time in franchise history. Players can look forward to joining forces with fellow MechWarriors for co-op on Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam and GOG.com on May 27. A free, major update will be available at launch including over 30 new and enhanced features. The team is also pleased to confirm that players will be able to join a friend to experience the entirety of the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC Career Mode campaign.
To celebrate the upcoming features in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, the base game price has been dropped to €29.99 / £24.99 / $29.99. In addition, the special Kobold Hero Mech will be an exclusive for the Microsoft PC and Xbox platforms with a custom load-out and paint job, plus a special new Goblin AI pilot with all-new dialogue.
“The MechWarrior community feedback has been vital for the 30+ quality-of-life updates and new content at launch,” said Russ Bullock, President and Executive Producer at Piranha Games. “We’ve strived to meet fan expectations for what a MechWarrior experience is with this release – including a new co-op cross-platform experience, base game price drop, and DLC content with the ability to join a friend for free – and look forward to hearing from them on May 27.”
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries finds players in the battlefields of the future, dominated by BattleMechs, hulking machines of war capable of leveling entire cities. As the inheritor of a once-glorious Mercenary company, the quest for glory and revenge will stretch light years, chasing the threads of interstellar intrigue on the journey to become an elite MechWarrior and mercenary commander.
The merc life of a MechWarrior BattleMech pilot continues in the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC. Follow your chosen career path from War Dog to Treasure Hunter in the new Career Mode. Explore new warzones, new quests, and new missions that span the full scope of the Inner Sphere. Hunt the Heroes with special quests that tell the story of seven new heroes and their lostech mechs. Find new mech chassis and variants, weapons, equipment, as well as blueprints to quirk your prized mechs.
Piranha Games has spent a year addressing player concerns for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, implementing enhancements and crushing pain points resulting in over 30 major updates. Full details on improvements can be found on the developer blog.
Highlighted New Features Include:
▪ Cross-platform play – Fight alongside your friends with four-player PvE co-op support on PC (Steam, GOG, Epic) and Xbox
▪ DLC sharing – Play co-op games with players that own the DLC to experience the content
▪ Extreme conditions
▪ Loads of gameplay changes – Including Infantry present throughout game, full 360 LOD radar (with BAP available with DLC), more extreme conditions and effects, enhanced AI, enhanced salvage crates, AND SO MUCH MORE
▪ Campaign changes – New story beginning and optional tutorial
▪ UI changes – Ability to track encounters and where to hunt desired ‘Mechs, instant action loading previously selected mechs and pilots, modding updates, amongst others