IGN teste Metroid Prime!!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• IGN teste Metroid Prime!!

jaja.. endlich isses soweit.. und es scheint wie erwartet ein Spitzengame zu werden.. wenn auch nicht perfekt..

Presentation 10.0
      Metroid reborn in 3D, and an impressive sci-fi fantasy to boot. Awesome menus. Design is great from concept to execution. Few games are this polished.

Graphics 9.0
      A stunning art vision that deserves major recognition, jaw-dropping world architecture, and volumes of pretty textures. At 60 fps with progressive scan support, there are few that compare.

Sound 10.0
      The original Nintendo composer delivers another opus and fantastically designed sound effects compliment the mood with Dolby Pro Logic II support.

Gameplay 10.0
      A true masterpiece; an accomplishment that will be recognized for years. It is Super Metroid in 3D, and it's as complex and wonderful as any gamer could want. Any self-respecting gamer must own it.

Lasting Appeal 9.0
      30+ hours to average completion. Requires much longer to earn 100%. Unlock art galleries, difficulty settings, and connect to GBA for extras. No multiplayer, but like Zelda, do we need it?

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.8

und noch das Abschlusskomment:

Closing Comments
      Metroid on the NES was one of the first epic games I ever experienced. My brother and I, at the age of about seven, spent weeks and months questing through the password-enabled adventure. It had a certain charm to it, and even if I couldn't describe it then it made an impact on me. Then along came Super Metroid in 1994, and I was totally blown away by how brilliant it was. It was a perfect videogame in my mind. It was edgy, home to a fantastic power-up system, full of awesome bosses, and the gameplay style was a soul mate to me.
      Needless to say, I have an unhealthy obsession with the franchise. So, when Metroid Prime was finally announced I was both thrilled and frightened to see how it would turn out. But after several years of very hard work, Retro Studios and Nintendo have translated the same genius of Super Metroid into 3D with very few casualties. Because of that, Metroid Prime has not only become my most beloved title on GameCube, but also one of my most treasured games of all time. I'm not sure where I place it, but it's very high on the list.

If I had to make one personal observation, it would be that the change to first-person perspective was brilliant for its move to 3D, but not perfect. I felt comfortable (even in awe) 90% of the time, but there are a few boss fights where it can frustrate. It's extremely rare, but something you should be aware of going into it. It's nothing that sours the overall quality, though.

That said, I would recommend Metroid Prime as an absolute buy -- skip the renting facade -- for every owner of a GameCube. It's a real collector's item. You'll want to keep this one even after your done spending 30+ hours with it. The only reason one would avoid it is if action/adventures are not part of your narrower taste in games. If you fall into that category, you have no idea what you're missing out on.

Metroid Prime is an instant classic that you will use to measure forthcoming software by.

falls noch jemand einzelheiten will.. melden ;)
    • ok.. du hast es nicht anderster gewollt :D

Gameplay
      Metroid Prime is an action-packed adventure set in the first-person perspective that takes place just after the events in the original Metroid (NES). It has lead character Samus Aran, a bounty hunter by trade, chasing down the evil Space Pirates. Their intention is to use a genetic mutagen called Phazon to create a super army and take over the universe. While the installments in the series before have never been home to deeply involving storylines, Metroid Prime breaks the shell to offer up one of the most intriguing and read-worthy sagas yet. Equipped with a scanning tool, one of many useful features of the Power Suit that protects the hunter's body, Samus Aran can uncover important details about the past and present. As the player, it's easy to become absorbed in the grim tale, and furthermore because you save all data to your log book, it becomes a practical novel of research data available at any time. Next to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, it's one of most well done story concepts on GameCube yet, which is an especially rare treat given that it's based on the Metroid franchise. Moreover, the solitary nature of being a bounty hunter on the unfamiliar planet of Tallon IV makes understanding the plot all the more rewarding and immersive.

The prevailing gameplay style, polished and refined, is perfectly representative of the standards laid down in Super Metroid. In fact, Prime manages to bring nearly every major element of the series, sans the Screw Attack and Dash Boots, to this new adventure. Like before, the focus is exploring the massive, uncharted planet around you. As Aran, you begin your quest with nothing. Your most important Power Suit features -- the ability to roll into a Morph Ball, jump higher, carve through ice, etc. -- must be gained through exploration and persistence. The general progression teases you with sights of inaccessible doorways, out of reach platforms, and often caustic environments that require suit upgrades. For example the lava-filled caverns of Magmoor require a suit upgrade to shield you from the heat, grey doors call for the Ice Beam, and numerous elevated platforms demand a special pair of boots. These upgrades are only a few of the many. It is this delicate and sophisticated balance that makes Metroid Prime the incredible design accomplishment that it is. It is one massive world tied together by a handful of elevators and secret passages. The rewarding sensation of discovering new areas and powering up your arsenal of weapons and tools is unmatched.

Complex puzzles play hugely into this design. Around every corner Metroid Prime demands that the player figure out something. Occasionally it's simple and at other times it requires drawing on everything you've learned to that point, but it is always gratifying. This system of awarding you for even the smallest of your efforts makes it extremely difficult to travel to the nearest save station and take a break. There is always something tugging at the back of your mind, begging you to try out your newest skill and solve what may have previously seemed like an impossible puzzle. In particular, Retro Studios has taken hold of the many opportunities that arise from Samus's ability to change into a Morph Ball. You must use it in half-pipes to speed to higher points and quite often the camera switches to a 2D-style perspective to reveal mazes and pinball-esque designs. One of our favorite puzzle environments submerges the Morph Ball underwater. Only with the clever detonation of bombs and exploiting the lessened gravity will you make it to the exit. Moments like these are littered liberally all over the worlds, which keeps gameplay from getting repetitive. It also easily makes Metroid Prime the most diverse and complicated in the series. It is not remotely easy or passive in any way, which is exactly what we adore about it. Likewise, the pacing of the design and balance is the best we've seen in years. It's truly remarkable.
      Meanwhile, action and shooting also factors largely into the experience. Again, the balance is a throwback to the previous Metroids where every section of the world has some kind of life in it. The combat system, like Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time before it, adheres to a lock-on mechanic to simplify shootouts in the 3D world. Couple this with the fact that the controls are not dual analog, and it should be clear that Metroid Prime is not intended to be your traditional first-person shooter. Exploration composes the bulk of the quest, and enemies are merely there to inject the game with a healthy dose of action. In fact, fighting enemies can often be a puzzle itself. There are a lot of cleverly designed creatures that require scanning them to find weakpoints, and making use of that information is very important. Some are more simply defeated and others take diligence. The Space Pirates that have invaded Tallon IV present the biggest threat, but the creature list is pretty huge overall. Wasp-like insects swarm Samus when you near their hive, snarling Baby Sheegoth -- the guard dogs of the icy Phendrana Drifts -- charge you at first sight, and mechanical drones unleash rapid gunfire onto you if alarmed.

That is but a small portion of the list, and there are other foes that cause trouble in a more subtle way. For example, one particularly neat beetle-like creature vacuums up Samus in Morph Ball form and ejects you out the nearest exit. As a whole, the controls work perfectly for the game style, and combat can still be very intense and satisfying. As a matter of fact, artificial intelligence is handled pretty well and ramps up as you progress deeper on your journey. Namely, the Space Pirates begin to take cover when attacked, leaping huge distances to gain a better vantage point. They can be very aggressive, sometimes working in teams. If you have any apprehension that the said lock-on system will not provide a challenge, think again. Things get very difficult. The only qualm we have with the combat, is that you must repeatedly engage in the same battles. It's meant to be faithful to the previous Metroids, where enemies reappear after you leave a room, but with the increased difficulty and complexity it can seem unfair at times. It's debatable, however, and once you've honed your skills enough it shouldn't pose a major problem.

Additionally, you will have to face off with about a dozen mini-boss and boss figures. On a much larger scale than figuring out basic enemies, the bosses all have some weakness that must be exploited. As you acquire more skills, the requirements for defeating each boss become more imposing. Equally impressive is that nearly every boss figure towers high above Samus. We found the collection of foes to be some of the best and most cleverly designed we've faced in a great while. It's another element of Metroid Prime that exudes the kind of polish that Nintendo so consistently delivers to its Zelda series. Needless to say, we were very happy with the boss sequences, and we're positive you'll find them very gratifying.

In its entirety, the package screams sky-high production values from start to finish. Everything about Metroid Prime is absolutely amazing. Just as we experienced total elation with Zelda's transition from 2D to 3D (The Ocarina of Time, 1998), we can now enjoy that same caliber thrill with Metroid Prime, which is every bit as fantastic as Super Metroid. Make haste, and add Prime to your GameCube collection.
    • Bin auch mal gespannt, ob es den absolut hohen Anspüchen gerecht wird!! :F
      [A FINAL FAREWELL] (©SNK Playmore)
      "To all of our customers who have purchased NEOGEO ROM cartridges up till now, thank you very much. We offer our most heartfelt gratitude for your loyal patronage over these 14 full years and hope for your continued support for our games on the many other platforms we will provide products for in the future. NEOGEO fans rule!"
      planet-snk.de
    • Original von Marde
      Der Wertung von IGN nach zu urteilen auf jeden Fall :)

Nach der IGN Wertung ist Blinx ein Hit , ich wünschte es wäre dem so ...

Zweifle aber natürlich nicht das Metroid das Hitgame schlechthin wird..
      \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
      Gamertag: dark DiSrUpTeR
      /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\

Finish The Fight - Fall 2007
      Halo 3
    • Original von [dcfan]Dis
      Original von Marde
      Der Wertung von IGN nach zu urteilen auf jeden Fall :)

Nach der IGN Wertung ist Blinx ein Hit , ich wünschte es wäre dem so ...

Zweifle aber natürlich nicht das Metroid das Hitgame schlechthin wird..

Blinx ist nicht schlecht!
      Gelungenes Jump n Run

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Marcel ()

• Wenn ihr auch nur den geringsten Zweifel an der Genialität von Metroid Prime habt, dann lest folgendes auf jeden Fal!. Und wenn ihr's schon für genial haltet, kann's nicht schaden, das auch zu lesen. :D

Und um es gleich vorweg zu nehmen, der folgende Text ist vollkommen Spoiler-frei.

November 08, 2002 - IGNcube finally got a chance to take the complete version of Metroid Prime for a spin. No more incomplete demos that only give you a glimpse of what the 2D-series-gone-3D has to offer. No more guessing. We could barely pull ourselves away from the game, even after completing it, because our jaw was still dragging heavily behind us like an anchor to a vessel. If you ever needed a reason to buy a GameCube or to justify your purchase of it, this is it.

Following, editors Fran Mirabella (IGNcube), David Smith (IGNPS2), and Dave Zdyrko (ex-IGNPS2) offer up their impressions of Metroid Prime -- spoiler free.

Fran Mirabella, IGNcube
      When we got a hold of Metroid Prime, I polled around the office to see who might be interested in checking it out with me. Unexpectedly, David Smith who isn't exactly your largest GameCube supporter was all too willing to join in the hunt for evil, and likewise I remember that former IGNPS2 editor, also Smith's roommate and a good friend of mine, Dave Z. is a huge Metroid fanatic. So, we all decided we would engage in the Retro Studios developed goodness together. A part of me also wanted to do this because I'm a little out of control when it comes to the franchise. That is to say, I've got the collectibles, I know Samus Aran is 6'3" and 198 lbs., and my favorite game of all-time, when I'm forced to choose, is Super Metroid. In a way, having Smith and Zdyrko around was a good way to keep me in check, because on the one hand I was likely to be overcritical, but also I might get a little too excited about the smallest accomplishments. With this system of checks and balances in order, we got to work.

The game kicks off very much like the store demos that are available now. Above Tallon IV, Samus Aran explores a devastated Space Station and finds that the Space Pirates have been up to no good again. Sure enough, Samus ends up parking her ship under the cover of rain on the uncharted Tallon IV. What Metroid fans will be happy to hear is that Aran begins with absolutely nothing. We won't spoil the details, but by the time you arrive on Tallon IV the only thing you have is your blaster. You cannot roll into a ball, charge your blast, shoot missiles, or anything of the sort. For me, this put an indescribably huge smile on my face. It was the first big sign that Retro Studios and Nintendo had not forgotten what the series was about -- exploration and the thrill of being rewarded for it.

It didn't take long before I got the feeling of Super Metroid all over again. As we tried to navigate the 3D worlds we found there was access to much more than you might expect. We managed to push our way into Magmoor Caverns, a very hot place, without the Varia Suit. This was all at the beginning of the game, and it felt just like old times to have to hightail it back to a cooler area and make the mental note that we could return at a later time. There were many corners of the huge world that desired to be explored, and as we did just that we found that the to-do list became exceedingly large; ice patches blocked access to energy tanks, platforms were too high to reach, and ball passages were littered everywhere. Example: I'm in the Phendrana Drifts, the ice area, and I see a sheet of ice blocking a hole that leads downward. After scanning it, you realize it must be melted. It was a very long time before I returned to explore that pathway. This is one example of at least 100. You see so much -- grappling hooks, magnetic ball tracks, ice beam doors, etc, etc. -- that you realize you must return to later. Indeed, this is no shallow and flawed attempt to create the Metroid universe. In my mind, it is more perfect and faithful to the original 2D games than I could have possibly every imagined.

Furthermore, in terms of pure gameplay design I found myself in awe at how much attention to detail there was. The gameplay is incredibly varied -- more than any Metroid before it. Retro Studios throws an incredible amount of cleverly designed platforming stages at you in addition to puzzles and action sequences. If there's one thing that is consistent and extremely well done throughout the entire game it is the pacing. You are rewarded at every corner. It may be something as simple as completing a 2D-esque ball puzzle carved into a wall or using one of the visors to reveal something you never thought was there, but there is always something. I can't stress how rewarding Metroid Prime is to play.

It offers up an incredibly detailed and cleverly conceived gameplay experience that radiates with the kind of polish that Nintendo coats its Legend of Zelda series with. Even the much-debated controls work wonderfully. Many don't know how to label Prime: first-person shooter or first-person adventure. I've come to accept that you can call it whatever you want, but this is Metroid brought into 3D. If you want to call it a first-person shooter, though, don't go trying to pick apart the controls. There is no dual analog movement for very good reasons. Platforming, for starters, would be extremely complicated trying to use dual analog. With the installed control system, platforming is easily the best it has ever been in first-person perspective. Somehow there is an incredible amount of platforming required, and it never falters.

On the technical side of things, too, there is a lot to fall in love with. Metroid Prime's engine is perhaps the most stunning I've seen on GameCube. Like the gameplay design, the foundation that supports it is very, very polished. Load times are nearly non-existent as you travel from world to world. It's just like the previous Metroids. Loading is hidden behind the opening of doors and traveling down elevators. Regarding the latter, the load times are still very transparent. Furthermore, the art direction is stunning, jaw-dropping, fantastic, extravagant, lavish, and every other positive adjective you can think of. The worlds look organic with totally unique architecture that will absolutely blow your mind. It's a completely believable sci-fi environment, and the art direction plays a huge part in that.

It's the same for the sound design, featured in Dolby Pro Logic II. The music, composed by Kenji Yamamoto who did the Super Metroid soundtrack, is once again pure genius. The atmosphere fits in almost every instance and there are an innumerable amount of audio cues that affect you. It's the same for the sound effects, many of which can be attributed to a fellow who actually works at Dolby. It's top-notch work all around, and you're not going to believe it even after you've seen and heard it.

We'll have the full review for you soon, but feel free to do yourself a favor and pre-order this game immediately. It is that good and offers up around 30 hours of true, unrepeated gameplay time from start to finish. That doesn't even include all the extras and secrets you can find.

Let me leave you with the most uttered word whilst playing Metroid Prime: "Wow!"

David Smith, IGNPS2
      Metroid Prime is most impressive in that it is exactly what I did not think it could be -- a good Metroid game. Like everyone else, when I first heard that it would play out in first-person view, I expected that it might be a good game, or even a great game, but it wouldn't be a Metroid game. In fact, however, that's exactly what it is, a proper heir to the series in every way.

Prime looks, feels, and sounds Metroid, while at the same time expanding the series with the more complex movement and combat that the 3D presentation allows. The atmosphere has that same feeling of solitude, granted by the gorgeous alien environments, their inhuman inhabitants, and an effectively restrained ambient soundtrack. Combat presents an entirely new challenge, though, and the controls allow you to effectively meet that challenge without becoming frustrated. Moving without an immediately-available strafe command is a little odd at first, but using the lock-on system quickly becomes second nature. There's a touch of Half-Life in the more intense action encounters, with similarly impressive opponent AI, but the game still never crosses the line from "adventure" to "shooter." That's appropriate, since too many complex shootouts would get in the way of the heart of the game, exploring the massive world.

Progression is designed and paced like the classic Metroids. Advancement from area to area and through the ever-increasing inventory of new items is handled with a fine understanding of how to simultaneously tease and reward the player -- each time you grab a new weapon or tool, you'll instantly think back to places where you can go and use it. Movement, again, is slightly limited by the absence of instant strafe controls, but oddly enough that doesn't become much of a problem. The environments are designed so that point A and point B are usually linked by a straightforward route. Other areas of control design take up any imaginable slack, too -- Prime has almost uncannily good first-person jumping controls. It's definitely a platforming-intensive experience, with plenty of the tall vertical areas that also appeared in the 2D Metroids, but jumping never becomes the kind of hassle it was in Turok and the like. After a while, I actually sat back and wondered why the game wasn't making me angry. Normally, a first-person game with this much jumping would have inspired at least one broken controller. The double-jump controls, combined with smart platform placement and design, make for a frustration-free platforming experience.

[Konsolen Freaks]

Höre z.Z.: Porcupine Tree, Dredg, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire
    • It's a meaty game, much longer than I'd expected. More than 20 hours added up to barely 50% on the completion meter. While those hours were occupied by some backtracking, that's always been part of the Metroid experience, and the difficulty ramps up neatly so that there's always a bit of challenge presented. The cool stuff keeps coming even late in the game, too -- every weapon, item, and suit upgrade brings with it some kind of impressive new visual. Just wait until you see the Sonny Crockett Ferrari...

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here to balance Fran's opinion, because in practice, I'll just throw the fulcrum even farther over. Metroid Prime is a very strong contender for best of the year, and the first game that's made me take the GameCube seriously. Well, no, I did think Kinnikuman was pretty cool, but that was something that impressed me merely in passing, rather than grabbing my attention entirely. Metroid Prime is definitely an attention-grabber, and one that you'll want to grab in turn later this month.

Dave Z, ex-IGNPS2
      Even though Super Metroid for the Super NES ranked as one of my top five favorite videogames of all time, Metroid Prime had never really made it onto my Most Wanted radar for a variety of reasons. None of which having to do with the fact that I had been an IGNPS2 editor at the time.

First and foremost, I honestly had no faith in Retro's ability to do a
      3D sequel to a 2D masterpiece that it had no hand in creating.
      Furthermore, while I understood that Nintendo was successful in bringing its Mario and Zelda franchises into the 3rd dimension, I didn't think the transition would be as smooth with the more action-oriented Metroid franchise -- especially after finding out that it would be played from a first-person perspective.

As a fan of all the Metroid games on the Super NES and NES, I was honestly more appalled by the idea that at new first-person perspective Metroid would be released on GameCube than excited. I wholeheartedly felt that the series, more so than any other, should remain in the 2D realm. Consequently, I had become resigned to the fact that "Metroid Prime might turn out to be a good, or even a possibly great, game, but it would NEVER be Metroid."

Boy, was I wrong. After getting the chance to take part in a complete play-through of the main storyline of Metroid Prime, which took more than 20 hours and about four different brains working in tandem, I can, with a smile, admit that my negativity towards this game was completely unwarranted. Retro Studios deserves much props and our undying gratitude for doing what thought to be impossible -- successfully bringing the Metroid franchise into the third-dimension. What's more, Retro has not only created a game that is deserving of the Metroid name, but it has crafted a sure-to-be masterpiece that even rivals the greatness of Super Metroid. Quite frankly, Metroid Prime is Super Metroid in 3D. And for those of you that have never played the work of genius that is Super Metroid, this means that Metroid Prime is damn good.

Worried about all of the platform jumping sequences that are a staple in the classic Metroid formula? You can stop all that worrying right now. The platform jumping in Metroid Prime is handled flawlessly, easily surpassing every other attempt that has been done in a first-person game. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the jumping is as effortless, fluid and precise as it is in most 2D games. You'll miss jumps here and there, but it rarely will be an issue of control or poor camera work.

I could go on forever about what's good about this game, but I figure it might be easier to go ahead and point out the two problems I had with it. First, during one of the boss fights the camera can be a nuisance when you go into your ball form. Second, there's this one particularly difficult stretch in between save points that didn't seem all that well balanced in comparison to what led up to and followed it. That's it. Those are my only complaints about Metroid Prime.

It's about as polished as a game could be and is clearly one of the "prime" candidates for Game of the Year. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it's a game that's worth buying a GameCube for and it's a title that may one day crack my personal list of top five games of all time.

Word of advice to those that plan on picking it up -- do NOT use a strategy guide and do NOT cheat in any way. This is an adventure game that rewards you for trying new things out and exploring. Cheating and getting help will only cheapen the experience.

Quelle: IGN

@Marde:
      Blinx hat ne 8.8 bekommen und Splinter Cell übrigens ne 9.6 :rolleyes:
      [Konsolen Freaks]

Höre z.Z.: Porcupine Tree, Dredg, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire